FINANCE CHARGE is calculated at the daily percentage rate on the Average Daily Principal Balance of purchases and cash advances in the account.  Cash advances are always subject to FINANCE CHARGE from the date they are posted to your account.  The Principal Balance of purchases and cash advances are determined each day during the statement period, beginning with the principal portion of your Previous Balance, reduced by payments you make and credits we apply, and increased by purchases and cash advances you make and debit adjustments we make during the statement period.  The Daily Principal Balances are totaled, and divided by the number of days in the statement period, to produce separate Average Daily Principal Balances for purchases and cash advances to which the daily percentage rate is then applied.
COMPUTATION OF YOUR LOAN BALANCE AND LOAN FINANCE CHARGES: The balance on which the finance charge is computed is the actual unpaid loan balance each day after credits are subtracted and new advances or other charges are added. The finance charge is computed when you make a payment.  For each day since your last payment the unpaid balance in your account is multiplied by the corresponding daily periodic rate.  The sum of these charges is the finance charge you owe on the loan account.
This notice contains important information about your rights and our responsibilities under the Fair Credit Billing Act.
Notify Us In Case of Errors or Questions about your Loan Statement
If you think your loan statement is wrong or if you need more information about a transaction on your statement, write to us on a separate sheet at the address listed on your statement.  You should write to us as soon as possible.  We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent you the first statement on which the error or problem appeared.  You can telephone us, but doing so will not preserve your rights.  In your letter, give us the following information:

  • Your name and account number.

  • Dollar amount of the suspected error.

  • Describe the error and explain, if you can, why you believe there is an error.  If you need more information, describe the item you are unsure about.

If you have authorized us to pay your credit card bill automatically from your share savings or share draft account, you can stop the payment on any amount you think is wrong.  To stop the payment your letter must reach us three (3) business days before the automatic payment is scheduled to occur.
We must acknowledge your letter within 30 days, unless we have corrected the error by then.  Within 90 days, we must either correct the error or explain why we believe the statement was correct.  After we receive your letter, we cannot try to collect any amount you question or report you as delinquent.  We can continue to bill you for the amount you question, including FINANCE CHARGES, and we can apply any unpaid amount against your credit limit.  You do not have to pay any questioned amount while we are investigating, but you are still obligated to pay the parts of your statement that are not in question.  If we find that we made a mistake on your statement, you will not have to pay any finance charges related to any questioned amount.  If we did not make a mistake, you may have to pay finance charges, and you will have to make up any missed payments on the questioned amount.  In either case, we will send you a statement of the amount you owe and the date it is due.  If you fail to pay the amount that we think you owe, we may report you as delinquent.  However, if our explanation does not satisfy you and you write to us within 10 days telling us that you still refuse to pay, we must tell anyone we report you to that you have a question about your statement.  And, we must tell you the name of anyone we reported you to.  We must tell anyone we report you to that the matter has been settled between us when it finally is. 
Special Rule for Credit Card Purchases
If you have a problem with the quality of goods or services that you purchased with a credit card, and you have tried in good faith to correct the problem with the merchant, you may not have to pay the remaining amount due on the goods or services.  You have this protection only when the purchase price was more than $50 and the purchase was made in your home state or within 100 miles of your mailing address
. These limitations do not apply if we own or operate the merchant, or if we mailed you the advertisement for the property or services.

Telephone us at (304) 748-8600 OR (800) 427-4835 or write us at P. O. Box 762, Weirton, WV 26062 as soon as you can if you think your statement or receipt is wrong, or if you need more information about a transfer on the statement or receipt.  We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent you the FIRST statement on which the error or problem appeared.

  • Tell us your name and account number (if any).

  • Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.

  • Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe there is an error or why you need more information.

If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days.
We will investigate your complaint and will correct any error promptly.  If we take more than 10 business days (or 20 business days for foreign-initiated transactions and all transfers resulting from point-of-sale debit card transactions) to do this, we will re-credit your account for the amount you think is in error so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes for us to complete our investigation.

 To Balance/Reconcile Your Checking Account
1.  Record all the transactions you have made in your check register.
2. Compare your statement to your check register.  Mark off all the transactions that have cleared.  List and mark in your register any unrecorded transactions that are listed on this statement.
3. Make a list below of the items appearing in your check register that are not on your statement (these are called Outstanding Items).
4. Total the outstanding items listed below.
5. Use the Balancing Worksheet below to adjust your statement balance.
6. If your adjusted statement balance calculated below does not agree with your check register:

7. If you have any questions after step 6, please contact our Member Service Department at (800) 427-4835.




Balancing Worksheet

Outstanding Checks

Outstanding ATM/Debit Items

Outstanding Deposits

Check #







List your statement
ending balance 
(+) Column C    $____________
Subtotal $____________
(-) Total of
Column A  & B

Adjusted Statement
Balance Subtotal 

(-) Check Register Total
(Should be Zero) Total













































































































Click the following link to return to previous page:  Estatements